TechAbility is looking for a self-motivated Technology Consultant to join our growing team. This role is interesting and varied and you will be helping organisations to solve Technology challenges; liaising with clients, vendors and partners; managing and delivering high quality Technology projects; ensuring that our clients are getting the most out of their Technology investments.
Our clients have a lot of unique problems to solve so we need to be versatile and adapt to the needs of each client. This means that our technology consultants need to have a diverse skillset across a range of business functions, systems, tools and frameworks, and be open to learning new things.
This role will be focused on delivering our most popular services – IT Strategy Reviews, Software Advisory Services and Software Implementation Services.
- Build relationships and become a trusted advisor to your clients.
- Understand the client’s needs and opportunities for improvement through detailed discussions with the client and research and data collection.
- Consider and outline the scope of the work and develop the proposal including project plan and schedule.
- Proactively identify and resolve any risks that may impair our clients or ourselves from meeting goals.
- Support the development and growth of the TechAbility business by taking ownership of your clients and promoting new products and services.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- You have at least 5 years’ experience as a Technology Consultant, or a Business Analyst or Project Manager in software projects.
- You have a working knowledge of IT infrastructure, hardware, software and governance.
- You have experience managing client and vendor relationships.
- You can learn quickly and have strong analytical skills.
- You have a strong track record of delivering tasks on-time and on-budget.
- You have some exposure to Community or Not for Profit organisations – experience in the Disability (NDIS) sector specifically would be highly valued but not essential.
- You take ownership of your projects, and you can work independently and productively with little to no supervision.
- You are an outstanding communicator – you can converse confidently with people at all levels of an organisation; you can communicate solutions in plain language for non-tech-savvy people; and you can write good emails, documents, proposals, business cases and reports.
- You are comfortable working mostly solo on projects, but you can collaborate with other team members as well.
- You are a driven, highly dedicated, reliable and versatile person who enjoys problem solving and who gets satisfaction from getting things done and achieving the mission.
- You are passionate about helping community organisations and making a meaningful difference to your clients and team.
We are also open to negotiating hours and compensation to suit you. You may prefer to be a sub-contractor, or paid casual hours. As the business grows, we can discuss the opportunity for conversion to permanent (part-time or full-time) employment if that’s what you would prefer. We are actively hiring for this role and can start immediately if you’re available.
We have a diverse team and welcome and encourage all people to apply for roles in our business, regardless of their abilities, sexual orientation, ethnicity, faith, and gender.